Monday, May 21, 2007

Glacial Movement















I've returned to working my two current and unfinished animation projects lately. The first is a heavy lift that I needed some expert advice regarding the technical aspects of competitive power lifting. That project appears to be back on track. The other pictured above is a dialog (or rather monologue) piece that I started 6 months ago and then put aside.

I'm still at a very rough blocking stage with this one and I am working on adding a few more subtle movements, trying to add some counter movement, small timing fixes, and cleaning up my arcs. The gestures around "my body is just a vehicle..." are still too big and sloppy.

Audio is John Lithgow from 3rd Rock from the Sun and the character model/setup is called Alfred created by, or rather adapted by, Rodri Torres from the Lowman rig by Miguel G. Viñe.

Post a comment if you care to and tell me what it needs.

-e

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love John Lothgow, he's got some great stuff in Buckaroo Banzai.

Erik Westlund said...

Buckaroo Bonzai! Great stuff, I forgot about that movie complete. Its been a long time since I've watched that one.

Nice suggestion, I'll have to go get a DVD of it and watch it again.

Thanks.